DETOX Mushroom Turmeric Quinoa Porridge Recipe
Here is a DETOXIFYING Porridge Recipe.
Yes, you read that right. DETOXIFYING.
Not only is this recipe low in calories and very high in protein, but it also has extra health benefits from the turmeric and quinoa.
Turmeric is known as an anti-inflammatory root, used to treat health problems like headaches, bronchitis, arthritis and even diabetes and alzheimer’s, among many others.
Quinoa as you know is extremely high in fibre, vitamins and minerals, and helps you with digestion and weight loss.
It’s such an easy recipe, do give it a try and see how good you feel after this delicious dish!
1 Superlife Co. Mushroom Quinoa Pack Directions
2 Egg Whites
100g Frozen Green Peas
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 Garlic Cloves
5 cups of Water (800ml)
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
½ Vegetable Bouillon Cube
½ tsp Brown Sugar
½ tsp Pepper
1. Finely chop the garlic cloves and shallot. Then, on medium heat, saute the garlic and shallots in a saucepan with the coconut oil until it is nice and lightly golden.
2. Open up the Superlife Co. Mushroom Quinoa pack, take out the salt and mushroom pack, then pour in the quinoa into the saucepan. Mix it in well with the garlic and shallots for 10 seconds, then add 5 cups of water.
3. Add in the mushroom pack and salt pack into the saucepan, along with the turmeric, bouillon cube, brown sugar and pepper. Mix it well and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, until the water has slightly boiled down and the quinoa is nice and soft. Stir occasionally.
4. Add in the frozen peas into the saucepan and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
5. Lastly, add in the egg whites into the saucepan, take the pan off the heat and stir the egg whites well into the quinoa porridge.
6. The porridge is now ready to serve! Feel free to top it with some chopped spring onions and a bit of sweet soy sauce to balance out the savouriness of the porridge. Enjoy 😉