Easy Oven Baked Chicken & Quinoa with Pumpkin
12 Days of Quinoa Christmas Recipes
Day 3 – Easy Oven Baked Chicken & Quinoa with Pumpkin
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
This recipe is inspired by “the third day of Christmas” in the classic song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”.
On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Three French Hens…
We don’t have french hens, nonetheless three of them. BUT, we sure do like chicken! Especially when it’s marinaded with French provençale herbs 😉 This homey recipe requires only the simplest ingredients, but it gives maximum flavour. Preparation and cooking time is fast, so you can focus more on entertaining your guests this Holiday Season!
Gluten-Free | Easy-to-make | High Protein | High Fibre | Fat Free
Give it a try and post the picture on Instagram or Facebook, #superlifeco / @superlifeco.
• 1 cup Superlife Co. White Quinoa (uncooked)
• 2 cups chicken broth, bring to a boil
• 2 Chicken Breast
• 300g Pumpkin, cut into chunks
• 2 Lemon slices
• Pinch of Provençal herbs
• Pinch of Salt/Pepper
• Handful of Parsley, chopped
• 1 tsp Lemon Zest (Optional)
• 1 tbsp Sliced Almonds (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. In a bowl, add the chicken breast, pinch of salt, pepper and provençal herbs. Set aside and let it marinade.
3. In an ovenproof baking dish, place the uncooked quinoa evenly at the base and the chunks of pumpkin on the sides of the dish. Then into the baking dish, add boiling hot chicken broth. Cover the baking dish and place in the oven for 10minutes.
4. Take the baking dish out, stir the quinoa and place the marinaded chicken breasts on the bed of quinoa. Add the lemon slices on the chicken breasts. Then put the baking dish back into the oven for another 25minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Plate the Chicken, Quinoa and pumpkin and top it off with some chopped parsley, lemon zest and sliced almonds. Serve and enjoy!