Cheesy Mushroom Bacon Quinoa Recipe
Yesterday, we made Cheesy Mushroom Bacon Quinoa with Brussells Sprouts and we were so in love with the recipe that we decided to make one in our very own office!
We do not have an oven here, so we decided to try with a microwave instead. The results came out better than expected and so we want to share it with you!
Follow the recipe below and let us know how it goes for you! We’re excited for you to try 🙂
Serves: 5 – 6 people
2 ½ cup of White Quinoa
½ cup of Cooking Cream
6 slices of Streaky Bacon
100g of Mushroom
5 cups of Water
1 pack of Cherry Tomatoes
2 pinches of Salt
2 cups of Cheddar Cheese
- – Pour the white quinoa in the rice cooker
- – Pour cooking cream, mushrooms, salt and water
- – Let it cook in the rice cooker for 20 minutes
- – In the meantime, pan fry the bacon and cut it into smaller pieces
- – Once the quinoa is cooked, transfer it on to a microwaveable dish
- Top it up with bacon bits and cheese (we put 2 cups, but you are free to add as much cheese as you like!)
- – Pop it in the microwave oven for 5 minutes
- – Once the cheese has melted, you are ready to serve it!
Note: Feel free to add in more veggies that you like! This dish is versatile and can be cooked based on your preference! 🙂