Quinoa, Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
12 Days of Quinoa Christmas Recipes
Day 1 – Quinoa, Pear and Blue Cheese Salad
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
This recipe is inspired by “the first day of Christmas” in the classic song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”.
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree.
We’ve taken the “Pear” aspect of this phrase in the song, and added it into our First Day of Christmas Recipe!
This delicious pear salad recipe feels unbelievably Christmas-y with the addition of cranberries and walnuts. The flavours are fresh and earthy at the same time, reminding you of a cold, cosy lodge in a wintery countryside. It definitely rings a sense of nostalgia for those who love this holiday season.
The best part about this recipe is the fact that it is gluten-free, low calorie and extremely easy to make!
What does that mean?
NO GUILT, FUSS-FREE INDULGENCE!
You can eat this pear salad as much as you want and feel great afterwards. It is nutritious and delicious and filled with Christmas spirit! 😉 Not to mention, it takes less than 10 minutes to assemble.
Give it a try and post the picture on Instagram or Facebook, #superlifeco / @superlifeco.
• 1 cup cooked White Quinoa
• 3 cups of Mixed Greens
• 1/4 cup Baked Walnuts, chopped
• 1 Pear, sliced thinly lengthwise (refer to picture below)
• 1/4 cup Roquefort Cheese (Blue Cheese), crumbled
• 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
• 2tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
• 4 tbsp Olive oil
• 1 Shallot, finely chopped
• Pinch of Salt/Pepper
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
2. In a big salad bowl, add in all of the salad ingredients and mix it all together.
3. Add the sauce into the salad bowl, and give the salad a good mix.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Instead of mixing all of the salad ingredients and sauce in a big bowl, you can place the salad ingredients nicely in a bowl and spoon over the sauce. It will look more aesthetically pleasing, as shown in the pictures below. However, to get the full flavour, it is still best to mix everything together for your guests, so they can all get equal amounts of salad and sauce.