Quinoa Recipe: Bacon Kimchi Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
We have a new recipe out for you today of the second dish from our Sake Quinoa Night 🙂
A few days ago, we posted the first recipe from our Sake Quinoa Night of Japanese Quinoa & Salmon Seaweed Wraps.
Go ahead and check that out too! It is a definite crowd pleaser.
But TODAY, it is all about the Bacon Kimchi Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms!
It is a delicious finger food dish perfect for a party. We roast beautifully nutty brown button mushrooms and stuff them with an addictive mix of bacon kimchi quinoa. Then they are all topped off with a generous sprinkle of mozzarella cheese that ends up being perfectly melted and stringy. It is the perfect balance of flavours!
Bacon Kimchi Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
1 Superlife Co. Korean Kimchi Pack
150g Kimchi, cut into small pieces
180g Bacon, chop into small pieces
750g Button Mushrooms, cleaned, stem separated and dried
100g Shredded Mozzarella
1 tbsp Korean Red Pepper Flakes
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp Sesame Oil Salt/Pepper to taste
1. Open up the Superlife Co. Korean Kimchi Quinoa Pack and pour in the Quinoa and flavour packet contents into a rice cooker. In the same rice cooker, add in the kimchi, Korean red pepper flakes, sesame oil and water. Then press cook and let it all cook well together!
2. In a pan, cook the bacon pieces until crisp (No oil is necessary because the bacon will release its own oils). Once that is done, set aside in big bowl.
3. When the Quinoa is done cooking in the rice cooker, scoop it out and combine it with the bacon in the big bowl. Add in sesame seeds as well into the bowl and mix everything well together.
4. Preheat the oven at 190 degrees celcius.
5. Line your oven tray with baking sheet, then place your mushrooms on the tray (hollow side up). Cook the mushrooms in the oven for about 20 minutes.
6. Take the mushrooms out of the oven and, using a paper towel, dab and absorb the water out of the hollows of the mushrooms.
7. Place one tablespoon of the Bacon Kimchi Quinoa mix into the hollows of each mushroom, then nicely sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top of each mushroom.
8. Place the stuffed mushrooms back into the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
9. Take the mushrooms out of the oven and serve immediately! Best when it is hot 😉
To shop our Korean Kimchi Quinoa, click here.