Roasted Chicken Breast stuffed with Quinoa, Spinach & Feta
12 Days of Quinoa Christmas Recipes
Day 4 – Roasted Chicken Breast stuffed with Quinoa, Spinach, Feta & Walnuts
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
This recipe is inspired by “the fourth day of Christmas” in the classic song “The Twelve Days of Christmas”.
On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Four Calling Birds…
Lyrics about birds call for YET ANOTHER CHICKEN RECIPE! This is one of our team’s personal favourites. It is vibrant and full of flavour. Salty from the feta cheese, tangy from the lemons and filling from the quinoa. This is the perfect, easy to make savoury dish 🙂
Gluten-Free | Easy-to-make | High Protein | High Fibre
Give it a try and post the picture on Instagram or Facebook, #superlifeco / @superlifeco.
• ½ cup Cooked White Quinoa
• 2 Chicken Breast
• 1 cup Spinach
• ½ cup Feta, crumbled
• ½ cup Walnuts, chopped
• 2 Garlic cloves, chopped finely
• 1 Shallot, chopped finely
• 2 tbsp Olive Oil
• Pinch of Salt/Pepper
• Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional if you like extra heat)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• Handful of parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Set a cooking pan on medium heat fire, then add 1 tbsp of Olive oil, garlic and shallots into the pan. Stir until golden, then add in the spinach, cooked quinoa, walnuts, a pinch of pepper and red pepper flakes, and lemon juice. Mix everything well. Once the spinach has wilted, turn off the heat, add in the feta cheese and stir everything well once again. Set aside to cool.
3. Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board and create a slit along the side of the chicken breast.
4. In the slit, stuff the chicken breast with the Quinoa/Spinach/Feta mix. Place the stuffed chicken breast on a baking dish lined with baking paper. Put a lemon slice on each chicken breast and drizzle 1 tbsp of Olive oil on them. Bake the chicken in the oven for 30minutes (until the chicken is cooked through).
5. Serve, top with parsley and enjoy!