Super Recipe – Cacao Crepes (Vegan/Dairy Free)
French crepes are delicious, but add some cacao powder, tweak the recipe, and you’ll get a low calorie, fat burning, highly nutritious, and oh-so-delicious crepe! This recipe is perfect for those of you who love to indulge in chocolate and desserts, without the guilt of consuming all the “bad stuff” that typically comes along with it. Top the crepe off with some chia mixed berry jam at breakfast, or with more chocolate for dessert. It can be whatever you want it to be! This is incredibly easy, not to mention, vegan/dairy free. Give it a try! Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 cups Vanilla Soy Milk
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cacao powder in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla soy milk into the bowl. Give everything a good mix until the batter is nice and smooth (no clumps!).
- Coat a pan with some oil and put on medium heat. Add 4 tbsp of crepe batter into the pan and spread the batter around by tilting the pan from side to side.
- Flip the crepe once the batter turns slightly darker and more firm on the pan (about 1 to 2 minutes). Let it cook for another 30seconds to 1 minute until the crepe has cooked through.
- Transfer the crepe onto a plate and repeat until you have cooked all of your batter!