Super Recipe – Goji and Pistachio Quinoa Porridge
It’s Friday evening! What better way to spend it than to indulge in some ‘me’ time, or quality time with your significant other? And what better way to do so than treating yourself and your body to a healthy meal packed with goodness from superfoods? Starting from today, we will be sharing Super Recipes – recipes using superfoods – on our blog every other Friday evening (yes, we heard you – it’s been a while since we did so!). As we also love hearing from Superfriends like yourself, should you have a recipe you’d like to share, feel free to holler at us in the comments below, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s to meaningful and healthy Friday evenings! — GOJI AND PISTACHIO QUINOA PORRIDGE Ingredients needed
- 1/4 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbs greek yogurt
- Handful each of goji and chopped pistachios
- 1-2 tsp honey for drizzling (important!)
- Bring the water to a boil and put in the quinoa. Simmer uncovered for 10 mins or until all water has almost evaporated.
- Tip in the milk and brown sugar, stir and simmer for another 3-5 mins until almost all the milk has evaporated (but not to dryness!).
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 mins. Stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Top with goji berries and chopped pistachios. Drizzle with honey and serve warm.