The ULTIMATE Chinese Quinoa Fried Rice
Today, we’re covering the topic of Leftover Quinoa!
Two of the most common questions regarding leftover quinoa are:
1. How long can cooked Quinoa last in the fridge?
2. What can I cook with leftover Quinoa?
First of all, cooked Quinoa can last in your fridge for up to 5 days, making it the perfect healthy meal prep carbohydrate option.
Secondly, there are many things that you can cook using leftover quinoa. However, our favourite leftover quinoa recipe is certainly our Ultimate Chinese Quinoa Fried Rice.
Serves 3 to 4 people
2 cups Uncooked Superlife Co. White Quinoa, cook it with 4 cups of water in a rice cooker. Alternatively, you can also use 2 Packs of Superlife Co.’s Mushroom Quinoa, cooked as per the packaging directions.
120g Roast Pork, chopped into small pieces
180g Fish Cake, chopped into small pieces
3 Eggs, whisked together
2 Shallots, finely chopped
4 tbsp Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Neutral Oil of your choice (could be Vegetable, Canola, Avocado Oil, etc)
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
Pinch of Pepper
Spring Onions (optional, for topping)
1. In a large pan over medium heat, add in your neutral oil, sesame oil and shallots. Sauté your shallots until fragrant and lightly golden.
2. Into the pan, add in your fishcakes and sauté well with the shallots for about 3 minutes.
3. Then add in your roast pork and eggs, and sauté everything together for another 2 minutes or until the eggs are nearly cooked through.
4. Next, add in your cooked Quinoa, pepper and fish sauce. Mix everything thoroughly in the pan!
5. Serve your Chinese Quinoa Fried Rice on a plate and sprinkle some chopped spring onions over it! Enjoy 🙂
There’s enough food waste on this planet, let’s not contribute to it.
So Cook Up, Eat Up and don’t waste your Quinoa!