Lead your Superlife: Healthy, Happy, Confident
Why White Tea Prevents Wrinkle?
FIGHT Ageing with white tea White tea has high “anti-ageing potential and high levels of anti-oxidants which could prevent cancer and heart disease” (Naughton et al. 2009). Another study found that the highest radical-scavenging activity which prevents ageing was observed for the green and white teas (Almajano et al., 2008). White tea is also found to have oxygen superoxide scavenging activity which prevents ageing (Calzuola et al., 2006). The reason why white tea can prevent ageing are explained in the research conducted by Professor Declan Naughton and his team:
- White tea protects structural proteins of the skin, specifically elastin and collagen and hence prevents wrinkle
- Elastin supports the body’s natural elasticity, helps in healing and stops skin from sagging
- Collagen is important for skin, strength and elasticity
- White tea outperformed 21 other plants and herb extracts including cleavers, rose, green tea, pomegranate in anti-ageing properties
- Almajano, M. P., Carbo, R., Jiménez, J. A. L., & Gordon, M. H. (2008). Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of tea infusions. Food Chemistry, 108(1), 55-63.
- Tamsyn SA Thring, Pauline Hili, Declan P Naughton. Anti-collagenase, anti-elastase and anti-oxidant activities of extracts from 21 plants. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2009, 9:27 (4 August 2009) [link]
- Calzuola, I., Luigi Gianfranceschi, G., & Marsili, V. (2006). Comparative activity of antioxidants from wheat sprouts, Morinda citrifolia, fermented papaya and white tea. International journal of food sciences and nutrition, 57(3-4), 168-177.