Super Recipe – Chia Seed Energy Bars
Chia seeds are an amazing superfood that fights inflammation and free radicals. One tablespoon of it contains more calcium than a glass of milk, more Omega-3s than a serving of salmon and more antioxidants than a handful of blueberries. Here’s an easy way to incorporate chia seeds into your diet, via energy bars. Chia seed energy bars are easy to make and you can take these bars with you in a small packet with you wherever you go.
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted dates
- 1/3 cup of raw unsweeteneed cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- Oat flour for dusting (optional)
- Place dates in bowl of food processor; purée until thick paste forms. Add cocoa powder, chia seeds, and vanilla and almond extracts, if using. Pulse until all ingredients are combined. Add almonds; pulse until nuts are finely chopped and well distributed through date mixture.
- Spread large sheet of wax paper on work surface. Transfer date mixture to wax paper, and use paper to press mixture into half-inch-thick rectangle. Wrap tightly, and chill overnight.
- Unwrap block, and cut into 8 bars. Dust edges and sides with oat flour, if using, to prevent sticking. Rewrap each bar in wax paper.